NiiArt

Book Blog of a Hufflepuff

I an artist that loves and adores reading! I mostly read romance novels, YA, and graphic novels/manga, but will occasionally stray to other genres as well. I also read tons of fanfiction ;)

You can also find me here:

The Last Hour of Gann
J.R.R. Tolkien, Michael Hague
Dragonsong
Anne McCaffrey, Sally Darling

Burn For Me

Burn For Me - Cynthia Eden This is my first Cynthia Eden read, and let me tell you, it did not disappoint!! FAR from it!

I'd heard a lot of good things about this book before picking it up. An from all my paranormal readings, I'd never read a book about a phoenix. And the cover is pretty, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to look in it it. And I'm so upset I didn't read it sooner!

The chemistry between Cain and Eve is phenomenal! And I adore both characters. Both are interesting, engaging, and leave you wanting to learn more. Cain is dark, powerful, and never hesitates to point out that he's not a good guy. (But that also doesn't make you a bad guy now, does it?) And Eve is the perfect heroine. She knows she's not powerful, but she's smart, resourceful, and sticks to her beliefs and doesn't back down for anyone. She is FABULOUS. And I love how often she throws Cain off because of this. She doesn't run away or back off, and isn't afraid to admit when she's terrified. And Cain just speaks his mind, and wants everyone to burn (most of the time). It's just- I adore them together!! They're on FIRE! (Haha sorry, bad pun.) They compliment each other nicely.

I also love the world that Eden build for us. Modern-day, and paranormals/immortals were just introduced to this world recently. And I think she painted a good portrait for how humans would actually react - some with adoration, some with hate. She also gave us an impressive bad guy, who is equal parts insane and terrifying. Oh, and smart. And creepy. Anyway, she did a wonderful job creating and fleshing out this world. And I love her take on some of the species she's introduced so far. I can't wait to see where this series takes us!

Speaking of which, I'm very upset that my bookstore doesn't have book 2 in the series. I'm seriously contemplating trying out Amazon Unlimited just so I can start reading the next one NOW. I don't think I can wait a couple days for them to deliver it, haha!

But yes - FABULOUS BOOK! Eden got me hooked good, and I'm happy to be enthralled in this series. Let's see how book 2 does, eh? :)