NiiArt

Book Blog of a Hufflepuff

I an artist that loves and adores reading! I mostly read romance novels, YA, and graphic novels/manga, but will occasionally stray to other genres as well. I also read tons of fanfiction ;)

You can also find me here:

The Last Hour of Gann
J.R.R. Tolkien, Michael Hague
Dragonsong
Anne McCaffrey, Sally Darling

Lothaire

Lothaire - Kresley Cole I'd just like to say that right off the bat, Kresley Cole is one of the few writers who can keep her characters compelling, and have me an emotional mess of laughter and angst and in awe - all throughout her WHOLE series. I mean, this is book 11 - and it's STILL good! She is by far my favorite romance author!

That being said, Lothaire might be one of my favorites in the series (though it is really hard to pick). We've encountered Lothaire in several of the books so far, and he doesn't disappoint. His narcissism (er, Lothairistic) is quite refreshing and usually hilarious. And Lothaire is still Lothaire pretty much throughout the whole series; a bad-ass vampire who's up to no good and does whatever helps his Endgame.

I'd also like to mention that Cole did a wonderful job pairing Lothaire (who we had big expectations for) with a great female role. Ellie is brilliant. Period. She's stubborn and smart and isn't afraid to tell Lothaire like it is. And the fact he can't predict what she'll do and that she CONSTANTLY stumps him is funny and adorable.

Someone else had mentioned it, but while some of the other books are focused on the bigger picture of the Accession - global travel, big battles, etc. - this installment takes place mostly in Lothaire's own apartment. But that's not a bad thing at all. The pace is still very good, throwing a few twists in that tie things together nicely. And of course, the smut is grand.

All in all I loved this book, and would highly recommend it to anyone. Cole's writing style is very unique (not to mention steamy!) - and how many romance authors can you say you love the story AS MUCH AS the romance? I can't wait for the next installment!