NiiArt

Book Blog of a Hufflepuff

I an artist that loves and adores reading! I mostly read romance novels, YA, and graphic novels/manga, but will occasionally stray to other genres as well. I also read tons of fanfiction ;)

You can also find me here:

The Last Hour of Gann
J.R.R. Tolkien, Michael Hague
Dragonsong
Anne McCaffrey, Sally Darling

Tantalize

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith I had been recommended this book by a friend of mine, and I honestly have to say I was a little...disappointed. It started off alright, but then after the first few chapters I started to loose interest. I kept reading it until the end, figuring I had to keep going to get to the good parts, but they never came for me.

I was constantly getting confused, mostly about the werepeople and vampires. The parts involving the restaurant were usually fairly decent, but otherwise I was mostly bored. It seemed like the book was either going too fast paced, or unbearably slow. The chapters almost always seemed to end too quickly, and a few I have to admit didn't seem to have a point to them. Towards the end, I was just finishing the book just so I could finish it. Unfortunately, I was not impressed.

Some of the characters too didn't seem 'believable'. I know it has fantasy/folklore characteristics, but it came to the point where it almost didn't fit. Random animals could become weres, and characters were so in and out I'd forget who was who.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this book, but it might have just been my personal taste in books. My friend assured me they liked the second one in the series better, so I might give it a try. I hope it fares better for me than this one did.